Friday, March 11, 2011

a little paint


Feeling a little better after today's work.  Spent most of the day finagling around with my hanging system, sanding for 5 hours, and then finally putting the first base coat on at midnight.  Though I have to say that I'm impressed with the expensive enamel that I bought.  It has good coverage, and I was pleased to find that one can was able to coat the entire front and sides of my panels plus the cleats.  Some more sanding and another few coats and these should make a sexy painting surface. Anyway, feels good simply to be putting paint on something finally.  Hanging these things on the wall will be another story.  Tomorrow's task is to mount them to the cleat while still on the floor and then sand down any discrepancies before they go on the wall.  The other problem is that I'm not sure how thick that studio wall is and where the studs are, have to wait on the technician for the art center, who is sick today, to get me the stud finder?  Need to try and get these on the wall by Saturday afternoon and then work on the drawing Sunday in order to stay on schedule.

Snowed most of the day - big wet juicy flakes that just hypnotized you when you watched them fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment